Garett Argianas has worked as a professional meteorologist for over a decade and is a full member of the American Meteorological Society.
He graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University at Albany with Bachelor of Science degrees in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology and Mathematics. Earning a 4.0 grade point average in Atmospheric Science, he was named “best forecaster” of his graduating class. In addition, he completed two independent study research projects and served as President of the Capital Region of New York local chapter of the American Meteorological Society.
Mr. Argianas has worked as a forensic meteorologist and weather consultant, providing professional guidance and weather reports to attorneys, since 2004. A well-known and trusted broadcast meteorologist, Garett has provided accurate forecasts to the residents of his home state for nearly a decade. Garett is heard weekdays in seven states, delivering a detailed weather report and forecast for WAMC. Mr. Argianas wrote a daily weather column in The Hartford Courant and, following a rigorous exam and peer review, has been awarded the prestigious designation of “certified” broadcast meteorologist by the American Meteorological Society.
- Weather Consultant/Forensic Meteorologist, 2004 - Present
- Meteorologist, WVIT-TV, West Hartford, CT, May 2011 - Present
- Meteorologist, WAMC Northeast Public Radio, December 2007 - Present
- Chief Meteorologist, WTIC-TV & The Hartford Courant, Hartford, CT, October 2007 - February 2011
- Meteorologist, WVIT-TV, West Hartford, CT, August 2003 - October 2007
- Meteorologist, WRGB-TV, Schenectady, NY, February 2001 - August 2003
- Instructor, “The Atmosphere” ATM 100N, University at Albany, Albany, NY, Summer Session 2001-2003
- B.S. (Summa Cum Laude), Atmospheric Science, Department of Earth and Atmospheric Science, University at Albany - 4.0 GPA in major, 3.99 GPA overall
- B.S., Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University at Albany
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- American Meteorological Society, 1999 - Present
- Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (designated by the American Meteorological Society)
- Various conferences on meteorology (many focusing on northeast weather)